Tuesday, March 4, 2014

February Reviews


Books
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain - I really enjoyed this book and can't believe it took me so long to pick it up. I love Mark Twain's social commentary and overall sense of humor. 
  • Blankets by Craig Thompson - I hadn't read a graphic novel in a while, so I was excited to pick this one up. I always appreciate reading about people who had very religious upbringings, because I can totally relate. 
  • A Story of Debt by Ashley Riordan - This started off as a blog and was then turned into an e-book. I love reading about people accomplishing their goals, and this story was no exception. It's convinced me that I'm doing the right thing in paying off my student loans as quickly as possible, and it's also inspired me to start budgeting my money. 
  • Beloved by Toni Morrison - I loved this so much. Beautiful, heartbreaking, mysterious... just wonderful. I didn't think this would ever happen, but Toni Morrison succeeded in making me love magical realism. Now I want to read everything she has ever written.
Movies 
  • Clerks (1994) - Pretty funny. I appreciated it as someone who also works with the public.
  • The Avengers (2012) - I'd already watched it but my sister hadn't. Joss Whedon's stuff is always fun. I especially love Robert Downey Jr. in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment