Friday, March 19, 2010

Here Comes The Sun

I don't think there's anything more beautiful than watching everyone around you "wake up" as Spring approaches. This week, the weather was absolutely gorgeous and everyone spent their days lounging around on the Great Lawn. The campus suddenly came to life. Everyone was in a ridiculously good mood, perfectly content to lay on the grass and do absolutely nothing for hours on end. The frisbees and soccer balls came out, as did the blankets and hookahs. If you were to lie down and close your eyes, you'd hear people singing and playing guitar, laughter, and even the occasional puppy barking excitedly.

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I had a really wonderful week. My only regret was not having a camera to capture the moments. I realized the next best thing was writing it all down. So here we are!

Things I Did This Week:
- Performed in The Vagina Monologues for the last time, and started rehearsals for my next show, M. Butterfly.
- Spent 3-4 hours every day (except Thursday) basking in the sunlight with great friends.
- Attended a Cheese Tasting event (my favorite was brie on crackers with dried cranberries and honey).
- Had rehearsal for my friend's senior thesis outside on the grass as the sun was setting. Part of the rehearsal involved sitting in a circle and telling each other stories.
-Watched three episodes of my current favorite television show, Slings and Arrows, with a great friend at his house. Laughed a lot.
-Participated in a clown workshop as part of my Theater Texts and Theory class.
-Purchased one of my favorite childhood books, A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein, at the Brandeis bookstore. Friends and I took turns reading poems to each other on the great lawn.
-Finally got next year's housing worked out - Officially living with four really awesome lesbians! Wouldn't have it any other way, obviously.
-Somehow still managed to get all of my work done.


"Springtime is the land awakening.
The March winds are the morning yawn."
-Lewis Grizzard

1 comment: